Announcing a New Project

 I have permission from my partner to announce our new project:

Scifinity, an Alternity microlite retroclone!

I've wanted to see an Alternity microlite ever since Microlite20 was first released. (If you're unfamiliar with M20, there's an unofficial homepage for it.)

That's about 20 years.

Now, Tim Kirk of Silverlion Studios and I are putting in the work. We've already decided on how to do stats and skills. We're wrangling with durability and damage right now; I expect our next conversation should settle it. After that come weapons, armor, and equipment. Following that, we'll take a look at psionics and cyberwear, and possibly design some aliens. Our (my) plan is to release a basic core and let other folks design additional stuff, like FX (arcane and faith magic, and superpowers) and campaigns, or do it ourselves later if we get froggy.

The game will be released under an open license, either CC or ORC, to enable free additions. There will probably befits and starts in the development process, because let's face it, there's a lot to condense. But I'm super excited to be working with Tim, a long-time friend who is super creative (go check out his games: Hearts and Souls [supers], and High Valor [fantasy]). We will also be partnering with a third person on another, even bigger project. Scifinity was somehing I mentioned to Tim that we could do for practice working together while we wait for that third partner's schedule to clear up.

Updates will be coming to both my blog and Mastodon!

Comments

Popular Posts