Games I Want to Run

Hello folks! Welcome back to the madhouse. I'd like to kick off the gaming content here with a brief examination of games (campaigns) I'd like to run.

I'm not, historically, a GM. I prefer to be a player. But as there's no chance I'll ever get a GM to run my  ideas for me, I'll need to take that chair.

The first game I want to run is Pathfinder 1e, set on a large island that has a ring of volcanoes surrounding a central plateau. That plateau is where the Dark Force (placeholder name) has retreated after being roundly defeated centuries ago on the main continent. The nations that engaged and defeated the Dark Force set up a beseiging ring of different groups around the cenral ring; eventually those beseigers became nations of their own. But after centuries of keeping watch, the seige has slacked; the countries are more concerned now with their own affairs, and believe the Dark Force to either be asleep... or deceased. But they are wrong, and now the Dark Force has begun to test these peoples' skill and heart...

Second! I want to run Star Trek Adventures, set beyond the Federation in the Delta Quadrant, as a Starfleet explorr ship makes contact with another Federation all its own, created by three species: The Dralasites, the Yazirians, and the Vrusk. This Federation is under threat from an insideous race known only as the Sathar. It's Star Frontiers in Star Trek! A lot of SF ships look to me like they would fit into classic Original Series Trek, and that's intentional on the part of SF's creators. What adventures await?

Third, I'd like to run Everway. Mechanically the easiest of the three (by far), it's also the easiest to improvise, as characters move from Sphere to Sphere. There are multiple great adventures in the GM's book and I'd love to explore them.

Lastly, I'd like to run Daggerheart in one of the multiple great example Campaign Frames. I even had an idea for a CF of my own that I think of as "Art Nouveau in space", with a lot of similarities to Spelljammer, but less "aquatic life in space" and more "graceful, flowing artistic designs among the stars", complete with firearms and Ether.

Do I think it likely I'll get to run any of those? Doubtful. But a girl can dream! Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

  1. I would be all in on the Star Trek game. I never got into Voyager (every episode I saw was 2 acts of very clever followed by 1 act of WTF?), so a Star Frontiers reboot of the Delta Quadrant makes sense to me. I figure the ship would be the USS: Frontier.

    I have no idea how good the Modiphius version of Trek is, but I will recommend reading the Decipher version for the breakdown on how scenes, episodes, and series are contstructed - those were gold for me when I ran Trek in the Oughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts